Saturday, August 23, 2008

is that so silly...?

**This is a call out to any electricians in my vast readership**

I am planning to purchase a step-down converter. For the lay person, that is a device that steps higher European voltage down in order to work with our wimpy electronics. I need shape adapters for various electronics that already come with this step down feature and both for those apparatus that have neither.
What I'm wondering is can I save some sweet moolah by purchasing a step down converter and plugging a US surge protector into it. Or will I just set something important on fire.
i doubt the hacks at Brookstone should field this question, though they may try. Is there anyone in the know?

1 comment:

Big Bad Daddy said...

Go to Radio Shack, you will pay more, however, they should know exactly what you need.