Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Day in the Life...

This is my host: a day in the life.... Today she took NotSerena and me out to explore more of our temporary home, København.
We took a water taxi around and saw, among many things, the opera house:
a day in the life... Our ultimate goal of the day was to see Freetown Christiania, and we succeeded. This is a destination for many tourists, but not in an obnoxious way. There were many cafes and people enjoying the fare. We didn't happen to stop anywhere, because we are trying to save as much of our kroner as possible. I stopped at a quaint junk stop that had on display antique cigarette lighters, candle holders, and the like. Around every corner there was the faint smell of burning marijuana and the sound of adults and children chattering in a tongue foreign to my ear. There were murals and graffiti galore. Maybe I am still under the influence of Denmark's intoxicating charm, but everything I saw today looked like a work of art perfectly executed with my fancies and discriminations in mind. I am sure I will get over this and learn to be inconvenienced by all of the roses I stopped to smell today. However, I will relish in my current level of contentment until the moment passes.
Here are some glimpses of our day:
a day in the life... a day in the life... a day in the life... a day in the life...
WEEEEEE! a day in the life...
The End

No comments: