Wednesday, September 3, 2008

my homes across the universe...

When I arrived I was fortunate enough to befriend a very generous Dane who put me and my friend up for a few days while I was "homeless" in københavn. She has an amazing flat. So, I want to share some of the interior charm with all of you which constitute my readership...
This is her entry room. Mona's flat This is the first room you see, but it is not the living room. It's more of a transitional room in the home.
This, on the other hand, is the living room. Mona's flat It is a room just to the left of the room in the first picture.
To the right of the entry room is a long hallway: Mona's flat This hallway leads to the kitchen,guest room and bathroom. My temporary home in københavn was very charming.
Now, I'm in Roskilde and my semi-permanent home is quite modern and still very nice.
the Roskilde home the Roskilde home the Roskilde home the Roskilde home the Roskilde home
The architect's name is Henning Larsen and he is also responsible for the københavn opera house. The white walls have since been painted, but were originally bare concrete. This is apparently a big to do as the architect protested the painting of the walls. I think the paint makes is feel more like a home where it could have felt like a penitentiary.
Also, in case you were wondering, my mailing address is as follows:
Trekroner Forskerpark 1, 1, -40
4000 Roskilde
Danmark
I would love some letters from home if anyone has time.

1 comment:

Jenna D said...

I am envious of your adventures, m'dear! Can I really come visit you?? Can I come in November??