Sunday, September 14, 2008

If I Ask You to, You Will...

I am going to take this moment to briefly describe some items from home that I miss in hopes that it generates some sense of empathy and compassion that motivates someone to send me one, or all, of these things.


Magazines/Newspapers written in English: I just found out that the Politiken, a kind of lefty Danish newspaper, can be read in English. This is an amazing discovery, because I have been feeling separated from Danish current events and, subsequently, isolated from daily Danish life. However, there is something very soothing about holding a piece of print media in your hands and creasing the pages while sitting under a weeping willow and eating ice cream.

Movies: I didn't bring any with me and my computer is a slow, ugly monster that doesn't support watching things on the internet well.

Dessert: Don't get me wrong. There are many delicious Danish deserts that I have sampled and enjoyed. However, Danes don't eat pudding or mousse. I can probably devise a way to make these things, but would really prefer a mix. Also, Denmark is lacking in the sweets department. If I enjoyed licorice (lakrids) I would be in candy haven. Unfortunately, I find licorice putrid and vile and would gladly perform various acts of desperation to have some Almond Roca. I have not seen anything that even slightly resembles this delicacy. Again, I could probably try to make this but Ay Dios Mio! Why?














I also miss besitos y abrazos. I'm pretty sure I'm on my own with this one.

As a reminder, my mailing address is:
Shannon Marie Baca Garcia
trekroner forskerpark 1, 1, -40
4000 roskilde
danmark

1 comment:

Wendee said...

What about sour cream?

I miss besitos y abrazos too. Hmmm... T minus 18 days till Bend.